Thursday 8 November 2012

Short Film About York - 'Undressing the Viking'

In one of the last days of Summer 2012, I had the opportunity to be an extra in short film about York called Undressing the Viking.  It tells the story to two friends, one who's a bit hippie and romantic and one who quite rocky and modern, as they discuss their dream ways to spend a day in York.  The film was made by Parashoots, who also made the rather brilliant York 800 film.

I took part in the scene where the hippie lady describes her dream party.  Basically my role was to be a guest at a party at Gray's Court, and drink Pimms.  My acting abilities just about stretched to that!  It was a beautiful evening, sunny and warm, and when it got dark we set off Chinese lanterns - which look magical in the film.  I must add that we tied nylon thread to the lanterns and they were all pulled back and extinguished after we'd finished filming! 

So, here's the final film!


I'm in it at around 2:33, I'm quite chuffed with being a guest at someone's dream party!  You might notice that when hippie lady gets to the party she changes into a purple vintage dress, I got to see it close up - it was beautiful.

The film also features lots of other cool shops and venues in York - so if you live here, or are planning a visit, you might get some ideas for fun things you can do around the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment